Rule 1: Always post the rules.
Rule 2: Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked and write 11 new ones.
Rule 3: Tag 11 people and link them to the post.
Rule 4: Let them know that you’ve tagged them.
I was tagged by - crazylazycreative.tumblr.com
Questions crazylazycreative.tumblr.com asked me:
1) When do you feel at your best?
I feel at my best when I am in the middle of writing, especially when I don’t have writer’s block. I’m about to graduate college, and becoming a writer of novels, magazines, TV or film is a big dream of mine.
It is freeing to be able to coherently put my thoughts onto a page. I love developing a flow and rhythm…like those times when my writing just pours out of me in an uncontrollable rush of nonsensical emotion and excitement.
I love expressing myself, whether it’s a blog post about a topic that I’m very passionate about and want to discuss, or a work of creative fiction that came to me in a dream or a flashing moment of clarity.
Writing makes me happy and keeps me sane, plus it’s an added wonderful bonus when people say they love reading my stuff, or that they are intrigued or entertained by my work.
2) Are you a feminist?
3) What do you listen to these days?
Fleetwood Mac, The Ramones, The Sex Pistols, Adele, Bad Rabbits, Billy Joel, Big Star, Oasis, Foster the People, Black Lips, Broken Social Scene, Carole King, CCR, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Michael Buble, Harry Connick Jr., Michael Feinstein, Darren Criss, Dave Matthews, Elton John, Bee Gees, Hanson, Gloria Gaynor, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Beatles, John Mayer, Justin Timberlake, The Killers, Capital Cities, Lady Gaga, Lo Fidelity Allstars, Maroon 5, M.I.A., NMH, David Bowie, Madonna, Otis Redding, Sam Cooke, Queen, Prince, Peter Bjorn and John, Public Enemy, Rob Thomas, Santigold, The Shins, Sleigh Bells, Steve Miller Band, The Strokes, T. Rex, Squeeze, Walk the Moon (Cincinnati band! Hometown Pride!)
4) If you could live anywhere in the world where would you like to live?
New York City…hands down. My goal is to someday live and work there.
5) What book has made you cry the most? (or affected you the most)
I cry while reading a lot of books…and watching movies…and television shows…and, heck, even TV commercials.
With books, it is usually because of a really, well-written line that I think is really romantic or profound. I even keep a journal, in which write down all my favorite quotes.
I’ve cried a lot while reading the Harry Potter series…for different personal reasons. Harry Potter has always been a huge piece of my childhood and it immeasurably shaped my coming-of-age…and in general, my life. It will always be a piece of me.
I think one of my favorite books that has had a profound affect on me was a novel called A Separate Peace. I, still to this day, remember my experience reading it freshman year of high school. I remember rushing ahead of the class schedule to finish it. I remember it was one of the first times I cried while reading something. It is a quintessential coming-of-age novel and an definate classic. (If you haven’t read it, you absolutely have to! It’s by John Knowles)
Some other profound, tear-worthy and favorite novels of mine are Catcher in the Rye, Perks of Being a Wallflower, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Less Than Zero, The Book Thief,and The Great Gatsby.
6) What is happening in your life right now? (school, job, etc.?)
I am in my 4th and final year of college. I graduate this Spring 2014!!
7) Do you like popcorn with chocolate? (if you have ever had it?)
I’ve eaten snowcaps and popcorn interchangeably at the movie theatre…I guess that counts. Delicious!
8) What’s your favorite tv-show? (of all time)
Gilmore Girls…always and forever.
9) Does any of your family or friends know about your Tumblr?
A few friends…mostly just my person, and best friend, gabizcohen.
10) How many places have you lived?
Just one. Cincinnati.
11) How old are you?
My Questions for Others:
- Who is your favorite writer? (…or if you’re indecisive like me, “Who are your favorite writers?”)
- If you could live in one time period, which would you live and why?
- What is your favorite quote from a piece of literature?
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever given someone or nicest random act of kindness you’ve performed?
- If you could choose one movie/TV character to describe yourself, who would it be and why?
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
- What is happening in your life right now? (school, job, etc.?)
- What is one skill or ability you wish you had?
- What is your dream job?
- Do you believe in fate?
- Tell a story of a favorite kiss or time you fell in love.